For Python enthusiasts…very inspirational (link)
Correlation doesn’t imply causation (link)
Data Scientists as a Sexy Profession (link)
Today, anonymity is a joke (link)
From Susan Stepney website:
- The problem with engineers is that they tend to cheat in order to get results.
- The problem with mathematicians is that they tend to work on toy problems in order to get results.
- The problem with program verifiers is that they tend to cheat at toy problems in order to get results.
(from science jokes, ver 6.7 mar 1, 1995 )
- An engineer thinks that equations are an approximation to reality.
- A physicist thinks reality is an approximation to equations.
- A mathematician doesn’t care.
(from Canonical List of Math Jokes )
About prime numbers:
Various proofs that every odd number is prime :
- Mathematician: “3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime. The result follows by induction.”
- Physicist: “3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is experimental error…”
- Engineer: “3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is prime…”
- Computer programmer: “2 is prime, 2 is prime, 2 is prime, 2 is prime, …”
- Economist: “2 is prime, 4 is prime, 6 is prime, 8 is prime…”